Director of Tours and Marketing
Alison Nolting grew up in Africa, worked in a safari camp and has traveled with Mark and their two boys as a family for the past 25 years. Alison uses her experience to get you there time and again. Her passion is to work with families on safaris to Tanzania, Botswana and Zimbabwe. Gorilla trekking in Uganda is one of her favorite activities in Africa!
Alison was born in Zimbabwe, attended the Cordon Bleu school in Cape Town and worked in PR in both Harare and London. A career change had her running a safari camp where she met Mark and moved to the USA in 1991. She has traveled as a family, to over 10 countries in Africa and on 18 or so trips with her children. Beyond going on numerous safaris in Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana, and South Africa, Alison loves the Lower Zambezi river region, and gorilla and chimp trekking.
An epic 6 country trip in May 2017 was focusing on rhino conservation in all the parks and re-establishing relationships with camp guides. This is the key to offering refreshing trips each year to repeat travelers. Two visits to Zimbabwe in 2018 saw the developments over the past 5 years of the award winning safari "Eyes on Elephant". The enjoyment of sharing the close-up encounters with elephant and wild dogs (painted wolves) are at the top of her all time favorite wildlife experience!
Active in her community, Alison currently serves on the board of Safari Professionals and Bushlife Conservancy. She was past President of the Florida Chapter of the Association for the Promotion of Travel to Africa (APTA) and streamlines all our sponsorship of scholarships for children in Africa. She is closely associated with communities in Zimbabwe and Tanzania.
Stories and Related Content
- CLIENTS TRIP REPORTS EAST & SOUTHERN AFRICA: JUNE – AUGUST 2021
- BEST GIRAFFE SAFARI AREAS
- Alison Nolting visits Singita in South Africa
- The Nolting’s Explore The Ancient Civilization of Egypt
- Mark and Alison Nolting’s Zimbabwe Family Reunion
- Top 5 camps in Hwange by Alison Nolting!
- Mark and Alison Nolting in Morocco – “Toes in the Sahara Desert”
- Alison’s Six Country Iconic Trip
- Alison is back from the We Are Africa conference in Cape Town
- Alison’s Safari Notebook: Mombo, Vumbura Plains, Chitabe Lediba