Owner and President
Mark Nolting is the author of "Africa's Top Wildlife Countries" and "African Safari Field Guide", a testament to our level of expertise and dedication to giving you up-to-date information.
Born in Minneapolis, grew up and educated in Florida, Mark founded The Africa Adventure Company in 1986 after spending 2 years traveling through 16 countries, from Cairo to Cape Town, gathering material for his books and establishing contacts with safari companies and tour guides. Mark offers exceptional knowledge of traveling within Southern and East Africa and excels in matching clients to both luxury and adventure; and with guides he has known in the safari industry for many, many years!
Hard to find information on Africa is always at his fingertips and he serves as a top expert on panels for Travel+Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Mark has essentially covered the African continent in his journeys, and continues to travel often to update information and explore new areas. Mark most recently traveled to the Virungas in the Congo (Sep 2017), Kenya and Tanzania in 2016, South Africa and Botswana (Jul 2015), Tanzania (Nov 2014) and the Private Reserves of South Africa (Kwande and Tswalu) in May 2014. His latest family trip was visiting Zimbabwe with his two teenage sons and doing the fun activities of walking with elephant, tracking rhino and wild dog, and canoeing the Zambezi.
The Omo River trips in Ethiopia are still some of his favorite remote adventures. Further previous trips were in the Selous and Serengeti in Tanzania, and the Mara in Kenya, to see many of the new camp openings.
He loves to take the time to talk to people about the many adventures that can be found on the continent.
Stories and Related Content
- CLIENTS TRIP REPORTS EAST AFRICA: JUN – SEP 2021
- Stay Longer, Stay Remoter: Mashatu Safari
- Mark and Miles Nolting in Uganda & Botswana
- Mark & Miles Nolting in Botswana and Namibia
- The Nolting’s Explore The Ancient Civilization of Egypt
- Mark Nolting in Odzala National Park
- Mark and Alison Nolting’s Zimbabwe Family Reunion
- Mark and Alison Nolting in Morocco – “Toes in the Sahara Desert”
- Mark Nolting in Rwanda and Virunga
- Mark Nolting in Kenya, Tanzania and Botswana
- Mark Nolting Sending a Snapshot from East Africa – December