Established in 1986 and
still galloping ahead of the herds...
Mark has spent over 30 years exploring and researching the African continent as the author of Africa’s Top Wildlife Countries, an excellent guide book in which Mark chronicles every aspect of the safari experience. He also written the all-in-one book to take on safari, African Safari Field Guide, a wildlife guide with illustrations, maps, diary pages, and phrases. His latest publication is the Safari Planning Map.
Alison was born and raised in Zimbabwe and spent many years managing safari camps before joining Mark 25 years ago. She thrives in the development of refreshingly new safari programs for our repeat Africa Adventure Company travelers as well as working with sponsorship in the community and introducing volunteer programs.
Together with their wonderful office staff, they offer the highest level of expertise for arranging low-impact and personalized travel to over 14 countries in Africa. They continue to stay ahead of the herds with professional and dedicated consultants who strive to offer outstanding guidance on trip planning.
As they look to the future, the Africa Adventure Company will continue to do what it has done best! Focus on small groups and independent travelers, promote camps that are symbiotic with nature and the community, and offer exquisite game viewing with top notch guides. They look forward to the continuing tradition of ‘safari of a lifetime’!
10 Great Reasons to Travel with Africa Adventure Company
1. We wrote the definitive guide book on safaris to Africa The President of our company,Mark Nolting, has written the quintessential book on traveling to Africa, "Africa's Top Wildlife Countries" - a testament to our level of expertise and dedication to giving you up-to-date information. New 9th edition in 2018!
2. We specialize ONLY in Africa While many companies offer trips all over the world our work is focused only on Africa. This has enabled us to become experts in designing African safaris, foster close relationships within the industry and benefit from special pricing on the trips we feature. Our insider knowledge of Africa is unsurpassed. We'll provide you with special access to places, guides and events that are unavailable to travelers who book online.
3. Award winning CUSTOMIZED travel planning We pioneered customized safari travel in Africa. After 25 years it was thrilling to have TRAVEL + LEISURE select a smaller, bespoke company in their World's Best Awards. We were recognized again in 2017! The prestigious recognition landed us in the "world's best safari outfitter" category and is testament to our excellent customer service and expert knowledge.
4. One of the world's top Travel Specialists We offer first hand, unbiased advice. All of our consultants go back to Africa every year to stay on top of product knowledge, so there is always someone who has been where you are going! CONDE NAST TRAVELER has recognized us as one of the World's Top Travel Specialists and Tour Outfitters - 15 years in a row! Mark Nolting has been on Travel+Leisure's A-list for 10.
5. Affordable independent and private safaris Many people expect private and independent safaris to be very expensive, but our clients are delighted to discover that they do not have to join a group of strangers in order to afford a great customized safari. Independent travel has never been easier.
6. Value-added adventure! Offering safari trips to over 14 African countries, there are hundreds of parks and game reserves, safari activities and a wide range of accommodations to choose from. We do not have to tie you into one line of properties and destination. Rather we match the ones to best fit your travel style with exclusive access to some of the best guides.
7. Sustainable tourism and eco conservation In recognition of our commitment for over 28 years, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC selected us as one of the Best Travel Adventure Travel Companies on Earth. We have whole-heartedly promoted local ground operators and guides, eco accommodations and community projects that are supporting the merits of low-impact travel and the survival of habitats.
8. Safari trips with a purpose Our award winning travel planning is based on more than game viewing; there is purpose to making a difference! We are very involved in many African communities, giving back to conservation projects, and supporting guides at grass roots level. At the community level we assist student education through funding of scholarships. For conservation, a percentage of bookings revenue in a variety of camps goes to supporting local projects. And we run and support guide initiatives recognizing wildlife naturalists who excel at the highest level. Because of our involvement, we were awarded the Tanzania Tour Operator Humanitarian Award by the Tanzania Tourist Board.
9. Our In-House air department Our IATA/ARC in-house air department completes the planning process with flight arrangements. By booking your air with us, we can assist if flights are changed or cancelled. And should there be a travel emergency, we can be reached 24/7.
10. Our clients come back for more! Over 70% of our business is repeat clients and referrals! What a testament to the quality of our services, and of course, the incredible beauty and wildlife of Africa!