Established in 1986 and
still galloping ahead of the herds...
Booking an AAC safari is more than just game viewing; there is purpose to making a difference! We are very involved in many African communities, giving back to conservation projects, and supporting guides at grass roots level. We are especially thrilled to assist students’ education as it is our hope they will continue in the wildlife, conservation or tourism field. Let us arrange a visit to these projects on your safari travels!
• Tanzania schools and orphanages: Our clients traveling to Tanzania are incredibly generous! Schools that are visited on safari include Teneguru in Arusha, Tarangire Park School and Rhotia Primary School near Karatu/Gibb’s Farm. There are two orphanages that can be visited outside of Arusha and near Lake Manyara. Many times our clients ask to make donations in monies or supplies before they travel on their return. AAC will assist for supplies to reach the students if clients can bring them to Arusha. Because of our charitable work, the Tanzania Tourist Board recognized us with their Tour Operator Humanitarian Award.
• Tanzania scholarships: For 2019 we will continue the scholarship fund for over 35 children of the Tanzania guides who take our clients out on safari. There are also client opportunities to pledge starting at $400.00 for a new student school year.
• Tanzania guides: Our guiding team (photo left) are A+. We have over the years recognized Ephata Lotashau, Emmanuel Mkenda and Hillary Mandia in our annual Guide of the Year.
• Kenya scholarships: Providing an education to a child in Africa is something magical. AAC sponsored Jonathan, a Masaai camp hand from Tortilis Camp, to attend college in Nairobi and we covered the cost of tuition and boarding for 4 years. He graduated in October and now is working in Nairobi and you may meet him in the big city on a local tour!
• Zimbabwe scholarships: Through Children in the Wilderness there is an opportunity to sponsor several girls/boys to attend High School. If you are interested in donating directly to a child, we would put you in touch with a needy participant in two schools around Victoria Falls - Chamabonda and Chinotimba. Further afield are Monde and Tsholoto schools near Hwange. Typically sponsorship is $1500 for a year of boarding at high school.
• Zimbabwe schools: Through 2019 we continue to sponsor children at three schools near Hwange, our main focus being Ziga school. $4.00 a month feeds each child a meal a day when at school getting their education. Our annual donation has gone along way to the Children in the Wilderness program, which allows under-privileged children a chance to participate in conservation. www.childreninthewilderness.com.
• Zimbabwe Mana Pools Bushlife Conservancy: If
you have stayed in Vundu Tented Camp or canoed the Zambezi River, then you've met Nick and Desiree Murray. For
over 12 years they have dedicated their lives to preserving the wildlife and integrity of Mana Pools. We give a
yearly donation to their Bushlife Conservancy for the ongoing work. The fund raising focus in 2018-2019 is for
the anti-poaching unit and the collaring of iconic elephants. Please visit the website, www.bushlifeconservancy.org to learn more about the great conservation
work being done with funds raised so far!*
• Botswana guides: We sponsor the opportunity for resident camp guides to work up their specialist knowledge providing them with private guiding opportunities with our lucky clients through the year. Brookes Kamanakao is a favorite along with Francis Kudumo.
• Wilderness Safaris Trust: We are major supporters
of Wilderness Safaris in Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia and South Africa. Beyond the outstanding safari experience
they deliver, we know that for every bed night we book with them a portion of the price goes to the Wilderness
Safaris Wildlife Trust. For over 20 years, the Trust has managed a variety of research and education projects in
southern Africa – everything from saving endangered wildlife to educating local communities. www.wildernesstrust.com/trust/main.jsp.
• Cape Town orphanage/community: Contact us to set
up a tour for you during your time in Cape Town. Uthando in Cape Town raises funds for impoverished townships