Samburu Serena Safari Lodge is situated on the banks of the Ewaso Ngiro River on the opposite side to the park. There are 62 rooms with en suite bathrooms. Each room is accommodated in a shingled timber cottage with its own blossomed veranda looking out over the river. The décor melds world-class luxury with quintessential Africa and features a tranquil blend of traditional safari colors, draped nets, soft lamps and stunning Samburu art. The lodge has a swimming pool.
Inclusive activities include morning and afternoon game drives. Enjoy sitting around the campfire or watching as the elephant gather by the river, the shy leopard arriving for his meat, and the riverine wildlife theatre. Also visit a traditional Samburu handicraft market, the one in particular we like to support is Umoja Women’s village.
Optional activities (extra charge) on offer at Samburu Serena Safari Lodge include:
* A magical, moon-lit, bush dinner looking out over the meandering reaches of the Uaso Nyiro River;
* Samburu-guided camel treks across the shimmering scrub-desert to a nearby vantage point offering panoramic vistas;
* Picnics and Nature trails, accompanied by the resident naturalists;
* An evocative bush breakfast uniquely staged at the Crocodile Point;
* Wildlife and Wilderness talks by the resident naturalist;
* Hill treks and bird-walks;
* Samburu Tribal dancing and performances by local musicians.